Keeping a New Year Resolution

Welcome back! and Happy New Year!

My daughter and I over the holidays

Here it is a NEW YEAR with all of it's hope and expectations waiting for each and everyone of us. Many of us talk about our resolutions or goals for the new year. Some of those goals and resolutions can be overwhelming with our grandiose ideas of what we want to accomplish. I understand that feeling. How exactly do you keep those resolutions that you've made?

The best advise is to write them down. Don't bog yourself down with a lot of resolutions. One or two are plenty. For me, just one will do. Ha!

I write down a lot of things to help me remember. I write down items for my shopping list before going to the grocery store. It helps me remember what I need to purchase and helps to keep me on track so I don't buy too much other stuff...well, most of the time. There seems to be an item or two that makes it into the cart that wasn't on the list. Ha!

I do the same when I am reading to learn something new. I take notes. It helps me remember and understand what I am reading, especially if it is something I am not that familiar with. I also write on my wall calendar to help me remember appointments, anniversaries and birthdays, etc. I have learned to be a note taker.

Writing down your goals is the best way to make sure you achieve them. Look! It's at the top.



What are my goals for 2019? Well, since I love to bake, and this blog is about my kitchen, my goal is to learn a new baking or cooking technique each month. Also, I like trying new recipes.

My goal for the new year is to try new recipes and share the best one with you each and every month.  A recipe that will have your friends and family saying "that's a keeper".  (Oops. I think I just made 2 goals.)

To help me get started on my New Years goal, my daughter gave me a new cookbook for Christmas.
I love cookbooks especially ones that have a story to tell along with the recipes. I like collecting them, reading them, looking at them. Cookbooks make me happy. This cookbook can be found on Amazon here.

graze 
Inspiration for Small Plates and Meandering Meals.



In fact, I did try a new recipe recently that I'd like to share with you. A couple of days ago as I was scrolling through Pinterest looking for a recipe using chicken breasts and I ran across this recipe. It's called Mississippi Chicken. It sounded pretty tasty. Since we like banana peppers, and this recipe included them, I thought I would give it a try.


Oven Baked Mississippi Chicken - Packed with tangy banana peppers, and bold ranch flavor.
Mississippi Chicken


The dry seasoning listed was for Ranch dressing seasoning, I didn't have any on hand so I made my own. Seriously, this chicken recipe was easy to make and so delicious you have to try it! Even my husband gave it 'it's a keeper' stamp of approval.

I am starting to feel inspired! How about you? What are your goals for 2019? I'd love to hear what they are,  (next to writing them down, telling others what they are helps you reach your goals, too.)

...so please feel free to leave a comment and share your New Years resolution with me. 😉


"People who love to eat are the best people." ~Julia Child 



Check out my kitchen store at Corla's Kitchen

Comments