My First Blog

Hello!  Welcome to my kitchen blog.  My name is Corla and this is my first blog, ever, and this is my kitchen. Corla's Kitchen.

First, let me tell you a little bit about myself. I must confess that I am a bit of an introvert. Public speaking has never been a strong point of mine, but I have found that the written word is easier. Starting a blog where I must put myself out there is a bit scary for me, but because I have this passion for baking, I am going to begin this blog.  So here I go.....

I had done a bit of baking while living at home, many years ago. I was also in 4-H as a young person, and took home economics in school along with a few specialty baking/cooking classes in high school. Shortly after getting married, I began testing out my skill as a baker. Upon seeing my success, my mother-in-law gave me the honor of being the #1 Baker of the family by giving me the family’s secret butterhorn roll recipe.

Some tease, saying she had grown tired of being the sole bread and roll maker in the family, and was passing the duty onto me so she could rest. HA! I was tickled, and I jumped into that role (no pun intended) and never looked back. I guess one might say that I can bake better than I can speak, so I speak through my love of baking.

I have considered writing a cookbook but never got around to it, (I confess, I procrastinate) so, I have decided to start this blog to document my most requested, tried and true favorite recipes, along with basic techniques in baking and cooking that I have learned and used over my 40+ years in this role. Through the years I have baked for pleasure (for family and friends) and for necessity, and for a short period I baked my ‘infamous’ homemade cinnamon rolls for a local diner.

Over the years, I have worn many ‘hats’ but my favorite hat to wear is that of a baker. It has become a part of how people know me. With much encouragement, I am starting this blog.

Some say that the kitchen is the heart of the home. Well, for me, it is one of my favorite places in the home. It is my hope that I can share with you my successes and, yes, failures in the kitchen (like when I forgot the leavening in the cake) and what I have learned along the way.

I like to remember what Julia Child once said, "Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it."

Comments

  1. Terrific first blog! You are also a writer! Brenda H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda. I appreciate you my friend.

      Delete
  2. Corla, I LOVE your blog! You are going to be great at this!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Denise, for your encouragement. I'm thankful for our friendship.

      Delete

Post a Comment