The Perfect Flour


Homemade Bread from my oven
Have you ever searched for that perfect bread or cinnamon roll recipe? What about the perfect flour? Although my mother made some really good bread and cinnamon rolls, I was on a quest to find the perfect recipe. Never did I consider how the perfect flour might come into play until....

After spending a year in our first home we moved to a house in the country. Country living, that's for me! The 'farm house' as we came to call it, was a great big house with numerous spacious rooms, two bathrooms, and the kitchen! I didn't realize how much I would enjoy a large kitchen. I loved it! There was even a formal dining room, something I hadn't had before. I envisioned hosting holiday meals or having friends over for my tasty homemade snacks to enjoy while playing cards or board games.

Sadly, our stay at the farm house was short lived. My husband was offered a job with a company in a small town located in central Kansas. So within a year we packed up our belongings, loaded them on the trailer, and with excitement, we set out for a new adventure into the unknown.

The position my husband took was that of a salesman for a family owned wholesale food company. He sold institutional foods to restaurants, hospitals, and the like. It was through his job that I discovered the best flour ever! Hudson Cream Flour. He began to bring home 25# bags of flour for me. Which meant I would be baking lots and lots of bread, rolls, pies, and cinnamon rolls. And bake I did.

Let me tell you a little bit about Hudson Cream flour. It is by far the best flour I have ever used. Why? Because it's texture is light, silky smooth, and never lumpy (you bakers know how some flour can be 'lumpy'), and it never needs sifted. The flour consistently produces a light and fluffy texture in bread, rolls, cookies, pie crusts, and other baked goods. This flour is the best!
            
             Just look at this perfect bread dough!
Cinnamon Rolls!



Recently I asked our son, who lives in Kansas who was on his way to Colorado, to pick me up a 25# bag of Hudson Cream flour. He wasn't able to find a 25# bag but managed to bring me home five - 5# bags. Sounds like a lot? Nope, not for me. After all, the holidays are coming and I want to be prepared.

If your local grocer doesn't carry Hudson Cream Flour, you can buy it online here.
Purchase Hudson Cream Flour  (I am not affiliated with Stafford County Flour Mills. It is only my recommendation and hope that you will give this perfect flour a try.)


Also, I ran across this article about bread that you might find helpful, too. The Guide to the Best Bread Ingredients for Homemade Loaf



Comments